Welcome. We’re happy to have you as a partner and look forward to working with you as you continue to build your effort.
Getting started with SparkInfluence is easy. Once the paperwork has been finalized, our customer success team will be in touch to begin the onboarding process. While setup is always customized to our client’s needs, our overall process is designed to make your transition to SparkInfluence as easy and seamless as possible.
Here are the key points and items to make note of to help facilitate your onboarding and platform setup:
System settings & customization
- By now, we’ve more than likely nailed down whether you’ll be hosting your full website on SparkInfluence, an unlimited number of landing pages or simply integrating our widgets into your existing site.
- Whatever the decision on the above, we’ll ask you to create a custom subdomain for your instance of SparkInfluence, something akin to action.yourwebsite.com. This is where your team, and potentially your advocates, will access the platform.
- At the same time, we’ll also be asking you for the email domain you’ll be using to send outbound messages. (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com). Once we’ve confirmed that domain, we’ll be sending you a set of DNS entries to help validate that you’re able to send email from that domain. (You’ll want to enter those values into DNS to ensure your email gets delivered)
Quick Note on DNS: Bad actors continue to bombard major Email Service Providers (ESPs) like Google, Outlook, Yahoo and others with Spam. The DNS entries we ask you to add aren’t required, but your effort will more than likely not reach as many of your advocate’s inboxes without them.
Importing your existing database & collateral
- Have an existing database of stakeholders? Great. We’ll ask you for a CSV to be uploaded to our secure file transfer. Data should include, at a minimum:
- Email Address
We’ll then work with you to migrate those records seamlessly into SparkInflence. Our team will ensure the information is transferred and stored so you don’t miss a beat.
- Using your style guide (logo, color scheme, etc.), our team will create email templates and more to match your branding so you’re ready to go from day one.
- If you anticipate needing calls to action ready to deploy upon launch, our team can help you set them up according to your specifications so you can begin to engage your stakeholders immediately. We’ll walk you through the first action step-by-step to ensure that you can create the rest.
- Let us know what data and stats you will be required to report on (for either internal or external purposes), and our team will make sure you know where and how to quickly and easily access that information.
Training & system launch
- Each individual on your team who will be working in the back end of SparkInfluence will get their own admin account.
- The WSD customer success team will provide initial training to all admins to walk through system features & functionality, as well as show you how to use the platform to achieve your team’s goals.
- Regular check-ins during the first few months, and access to direct support throughout your use of SparkInfluence, mean there is no shortage of opportunities to have your questions answered and get the assistance you need.
We want your experience with SparkInfluence to be as productive as possible. Throughout the process you’ll have access to our Knowledgebase, our monthly functionality webinars as well as our podcast and other helpful guides to help you make the most of your subscription.