Emoji. Love them or hate them, they’ve become part of our culture. More and more, we’re seeing them used in emails – sometimes in the subject line, other times in the body of the email.
If you’re interested in dipping your toe in the water and adding one (or more) emoji to your message (a word of caution: there is such a thing as too many emoji in one email), here’s how.
Where can I add emoji?
- Email subject line
- Body of email
How do I add emoji?
- Windows PC: When in a text field or text area, press Windows key + . (period) and the emoji keyboard will pop up. Select and click to insert.
- Mac: When in a text field or text area, press Command + Control + Spacebar and the emoji keyboard will pop up. Select and click to insert.
- iPhone: When in a text field or text area, press the smiley face button at the bottom left of your phone’s keyboard to open the emoji list. Select and click to insert.
Words of Caution
- DO NOT Overuse emoji. One is great. Two, sure. But too many emoji can change the tone of your message.
- DO Test, Test, Test. Emoji support isn’t perfect across the board. Be sure to test any messages in a variety of email clients to be sure your message is getting across.